Monday, July 7, 2008

7/5/2008 Culbreth Reunion Comments

My name is Kathy Collins Shackowsky and I live inTampa, Fla. I am a granddaughter of Florence (Webb) and James Leroy "Roy" Culbreth and daughter to Katrine Culbreth Collins and Kyle Malone Collins. I was at the reunion this past Saturday (7/5/2008) and was thrilled to see so many "CulbrethCousins" ..... it seems so strange to actually see people that are so distant from my life but in reality actually so very close ...... I then visited and stayed with my Aunt Bobbie (Nall) along with my brother Kyle M. Collins Jr. and my son, Jordan L. Shackowsky. We went to see my grandparents (Mamaw & Granddaddy's) old place in Columbia , Rt. 2 ....... what fond and precious memories that brought back of many summers spent there ... Julie/Julia (?) granddaughter of Edward Culbreth is to commended on a wonderful job of being in charge this year and was a superb spokesperson as well .. I only wish I had a copy of the presentation ... got too busy and then the thunderstorm!!!!!! .. If any of you know how I can get one .. please let me know ! Well, I guess it is now up to the family of Roy to head up next year's reunion ..... hope to see everyone there again !!!!! Sincerely, Kathy in Tampa!!!

No comments: